This unit provides basic information on radon and radon decay product (RDP) measurement.
Chapter 4 Video Part 1
Chapter 4 Video Part 2
Chapter 4 Video Part 3
- Chapter 4: Radon Measurement
- Conducting Radon Measurements
- Residential Measurement Protocols
- Brief Intro Non-Residential Radon Measurements
- Factors Affecting Radon Measurements
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Reporting and Documentation
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- Radon in Water Measurement – Supplemental Material
Chapter Learning Objectives
- Understand the role of a radon measurement service provider
- Define the three measurement units of radon & their calculations
- Describe the difference between Radon vs. Radon Decay Product Measurement
- Outline the four categories of radon measurements
- Identify the four measurement options (duration)
- Summarize the three measurement methods
- Explain the three types of measurement lengths
- Identify the four types of passive measurement devices
- Identify the three types of active measurement devices
- Identify the measurement devices used for grab sampling
- Identify closed building conditions
- Identify the four important considerations in “counting” radon
- Identify interference-resistant features on some measurement devices
- Identify interference prevention/detection methods and protocol
- List the typical water sampling methods.
- Identify the two methods of analyzing collected water samples.
- Name at least one pro and one con for each water sampling method.