Upgrade Classroom – Home Inspection 101
Already enrolled in the online/independent study? Upgrade to the 101 training module and join your cohorts for exam prep review sessions and engaging practicum!
Master the study of residential building systems, how the systems work, common associated problems, and standards of inspection according to Illinois home inspection laws and regulations.
- 8-week session
- 2 nights a week OR one weekend day
- Attend instructor-led events in person or via live webcast
Our courses are presented in the flipped classroom model, an education method ideal for adult learners with a desire for a flexible learning schedule and locations but do classroom experience.
Please see details below.
Home Inspection 101: Professional Home Inspector Training
Our comprehensive education and training includes the study of residential building systems, how the systems work, common associated problems, and standards of inspection according to Illinois home inspection laws and regulations.
- Professional Practice
- Report Writing
- Heating & Cooling
- Quizzes, Exams
- Practicum [5 mandatory events]
Our curriculum is written and taught by master home inspectors [minimum 5 years + 2500 inspections] who understand that a practical career like home inspection can’t be mastered in a classroom! Presented in a flexible learning model called the flipped classroom, students complete core study assignments prior to attending classroom discussion/review sessions related to each structural system. The learning process culminates with practical application including report writing, field events, and cohort inspection audits.
- Courses are held 2 nights a week OR one weekend day, for eight weeks.Students can attend instructor-led events in person or via live webcast.
- All instructor-led events are recorded and available to student for review to further solidify the learning process.
- Upon registration, students are provided a downloadable course syllabus and basic home inspection content. Course manuals may be picked up at our Downers Grove office or shipped via UPS.
Why Flipped Classroom?
The flipped classroom is an education method for adult education proven to bring greater value to adult learners who need flexibility in their education schedules and/or spaces but still desire a cohort and classroom experience.
Due to liability and workers compensation restrictions, most field events are simulated inspections held in homes of instructors, colleagues and fellow students.