Test results can be skewed by measurement operators who do not follow proper and/or fail to adequately secure the test environment. For example:
- Adherence to measurement & device placement protocols
- Adequate measurement time allotted during periods of severe weather
- Sufficient stabilization time allotted after closed-building conditions are initiated
- Appropriate household temperature
- Employ non-interference procedures
- Chimney flues closed; whole house fans and vent fans switched to “off” position.