Quality assurance roles and responsibilities of residential radon measurement testing companies, specialists, professionals, etc.:
- Employ a QA Officer
- Prepare, update, and maintain a QA Plan according to state or national standards.
- Periodically review the QA Plan of the analytical organization included in the device chain of command or analysis/reporting chain of command
- Conduct field background measurements as appropriate and recording the results in control charts and other relevant documentation
- Conduct routine and on-going measurements to assess bias according to STATE REGULATIONS OR NATIONAL STANDARDS guidelines and recording and analyzing the results
- Take appropriate corrective actions based on QA/QC measurements
- Establish and maintain a Chain-of-Custody system to document and track measurement devices including: locations, dates, clients, methods/laboratories, and results
- Conform to state or national requirements for conducting measurements, reporting measurement results, and providing information to clients.